Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Camper Dreaming

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday

If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a really good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies on display that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much. Lastly, try to make an effort to visit the other participants. I know myself, I get so behind and busy, but this year, I am going to do my best to visit each week. 

This past fall, I thought I had found a little vintage camper like the ones below. It was priced right, and I knew it could be exactly what I wanted it to be. Alas, however, I missed it and it was sold before I could go look at it. I am totally still kicking myself over missing that little camper.


 Just look at the colors on these two! I have not given up on finding one of these, I have done a lot of research on restoring one and I am pretty confident we can fix something up to be fantastic.


I just need to find one, and get there before it is sold. It truly is amazing how hard these are to come by these days for a good price. Oh, there are plenty to be found if you want to pay a few thousand dollars for them, but cheap as I am, I want a good price and put a little work into it to get the result I want.


 I did however find this cute little vintage camper bird house the last day of the year. It was at a store that was in its final days before closing. It was a steal at $5.00. I love it, as it is a reminder to keep my dream alive and not give up!


Great words to think on as the new  year starts. I know sometimes I find myself so busy, I forget to enjoy the ride. This year.....I intend to simplify and if that means slowing down to enjoy the ride, I intend to do just that!

Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday and a wonderful and happy New Year to each and every one!





10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hostessing all of 2013 and looking forward to joining in the new year! Wishing you a happy and blessed year 2014.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great little trailer, but might be a tad small for you, hubby and all the children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those cute little trailers are so hot right now! Good luck nabbing one. Have you ever visited the website for "Sisters on the Fly"? Sweet vintage trailers to die for!

    Joining in this week with my new years vintage tablescape, and if it's on my table, it was "thrifty", lol!

    Happy New Year Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are looking at a small camper, too...newer than the one you are looking at...sorry you missed it.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be so much fun to fix up a small camper. Hope you find one (and get to it in time) this year. Happy New Year Suzanne and thank you for hosting Vintage Thingie Thursday this year. It has been a pleasure to join in. Have a lovely week.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting this year Suzanne. I love sharing some of my favorite vintage collectibles. Happy New Year.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  7. My neighbors just got a vintage camper like that they're going to restore, I love it! Happy New Year - Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have wanted a vintage camper like this also! There is a Facebook group called "Bitches with Hitches" that remodel these sweet campers. Hope you find one and me too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi lovely lady.
    I also would like a Vintage Camper like yours. Thanks so much for having your linky party for us. I do miss you on my Tablescapes it been a long time. Happy New Year to you and your family.
    xxoo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those campers are soooo adorable! I have seen some awesome rehabs, and they look just like a little dollhouse inside!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...